STARS HUNGAMA
GALLERY
MOVIE UPDATES
POLITICS UPDATES

T’wood gives Ali his dream role

Posted by Shanker Monday, September 14, 2009

Suave and sharply dressed, villains who play smooth criminals steal the show in Tollywood. And Mumabi model-turned-actor Shawar Ali is all set to jump the bandwagon with his upcoming film Rechipo.
After a successful stint in the modelling world for eight years, Shavar turned to Bollywood to satisfy his urge to do something “creative and meaningful”. A couple of duds later, the actor is back to try his luck again, wiser and more experienced this time.
Not a quitter, he says, “I made mistakes. everyone does, but at least I can look back and claim that I did it all on my own, without any help. As long as I don’t repeat them, it is okay.”
Rechipo, starring Nitin and Illeana, has Shawar playing his “dream role.” He says, “My role is that of a rich, suave, powerful and intriguing don from Dubai. I even get to drive around in a hummer. What more can I ask for? It is my dream role. And if you want to build a great fan base, Tollywood is the place to be.”
While he is already flooded with offers from T’wood, Shawar admits he’s pretty picky now. “From here on I want it to be an upward curve, so I will be very careful of what projects I take on in Tollywood.” While his current focus is on T’wood, he has kept his option open. “I have just finished a film called Shock and I’m currently doing Sunny Deol’s The Man. I am reading a lot of scripts for future projects too.” Meanwhile, he’s enjoying his stay in the city. “I love Hyderabad. It reminds me of my hometown Bhopal because of the meheman nawazi that Hyderabadis are famous for.”
--DC

0 Responses to T’wood gives Ali his dream role

Post a Comment

Category

123Telugu-Archive