STARS HUNGAMA
GALLERY
MOVIE UPDATES
POLITICS UPDATES

Come, see my six-pack: Chiranjeevi

Posted by Shanker Monday, September 14, 2009

But for Chiranjeevi Sarja, his debut, Vaayuputra, was a long time coming. However, he says he wasn’t disillusioned by the delay in the film’s release, and takes comfort in the fact that it hits screens this week. “If something big has to come, it takes a long time. And I knew what was happening behind the scenes. I’m sure the wait will be worth it. The film is full-on entertainment,” he maintains.

All Chiranjeevi ever wanted to do was be an actor. And his uncle, Arjun Sarja, whom he fondly calls ‘mama’, helped him fulfil his dreams. “I wanted to be an actor when I was studying in class 6. That’s when mama told me, ‘I’ll make you an actor’. The idea just stayed with me,” recalls Chiranjeevi.

So, the young actor underwent training at Kishore Namit Kapoor’s acting school after he graduated from college. But he always turns to his uncle when he needs advice. “My mama told me that if I wanted to be an actor, I’d have to know something about films. So, I worked with him on Madrasi as an assistant director,” says Chiranjeevi. And Arjun was by his side throughout the making of Vaayuputra, which was also something of a family affair, given that Arjun produced the film and his other uncle, the late Kishore Sarja, directed it. “He looked after me right from the beginning until we broke the kumblukayi,” says Chiranjeevi.

His uncle started out in Sandalwood, and has since then established himself in the south, especially Kollywood. But Chiranjeevi wouldn’t consider moving to other languages any time soon. “This is my home and I’m comfortable with Kannada. It would be difficult to get my expressions right if I were to act in other languages. Moreover, our roots are deep down here,” he says, “But given the opportunity, I’d give it a shot. I’d like to get the exposure to different audiences. But I won’t forget where I come from,” he asserts.

The newbie is, however, jittery about his debut. “I’ve given this film my 100 per cent, so I hope that people like it. The first person who commented on my performance was my uncle, who said I’ve done a good job. That made me quite happy,” says Chiranjeevi.

Is there any way in which he’d like to emulate his uncle? “Everyone knows how he keeps himself fit. So, I’ve worked out and got myself a six-pack. But I haven’t got the chance to show it off on-screen, though,” says the actor.
---TOI

0 Responses to Come, see my six-pack: Chiranjeevi

Post a Comment

Category

123Telugu-Archive